November is Pet Diabetes month and to support this initiative, we at Ash Veterinary Surgery are offering a free diabetes check, including a urine test with our qualified nurses. Please telephone to make an appointment for this offer any time during the month of November.
Pets with diabetes generally show some or all of the following signs;
- drinking more
- urinating more, or having accidents
- weight loss despite of eating well
- lethargy or tiredness
- some animals with diabetes will also develop cataracts (cloudiness of the lens of the eyes)
We use a urine test for diabetes, often followed by a blood test to look for sugar in the blood. Diabetes in dogs and cats is a very treatable disease, with animals having a very good qualify of life once their condition is under control.
Please telephone to make your appointment;You can see how likely your pet is to develop diabetes with this simple test, but if you have any concerns at all, then please make an appointment with one of our nurses and bring a urine sample to that check up.
- Merthyr Tydfil 01685 385177
- Mountain Ash 01443 478800
- Treharris 01443 412612
- Ystradgynlais 01639 844488