Another quality service from Ash Veterinary Surgery
You can be assured that we do everything to deliver safe and pain-free surgery for your pet.
We achieve this at all stages of your pet’s care through paying attention to their needs.
Before surgery by:
- Giving a full health check and the necessary tests to make sure your pet is fit enough for anaesthetic.
- Relaxing your pet using a premed sedative. This includes the first painkiller.
- Giving the quickest and safest injection to start the anaesthetic.
- Adding an additional painkiller.
During surgery by:
- Continuing anaesthesia with a gas anaesthetic. This combines a painkiller with the very latest veterinary anaesthetic.
- Using oxygen generators with our anaesthetic machines to ensure that your pet’s blood oxygen level is kept high during surgery.
- Monitoring your pet using a pulse oximeter to test blood oxygenation and heart rate.
- Having a dedicated nurse who is with your pet all the time from induction (the start of the anaesthetic) until their recovery (waking up) from anaesthetic.
After surgery by:
- Giving a further pain killer injection.
- Continuing to monitor your pet through the recovery phase until fully awake.
From start to finish your pet:
- Will be closely monitored by our fully trained and qualified Veterinary Nurses.
- Will be monitored using the latest electronic equipment.
For further piece of mind:
- Pre-operative blood screening can be performed.
- Intravenous fluids can be given to aid recovery.
Our Gold service ensures your pet will wake up more quickly, be more alert and pain-free.
At Ash Veterinary Surgery we don’t compromise on your pet’s care.