TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
These are detailed elsewhere in this website. When not open, the branch surgeries are linked by telephone to the main clinic in Merthyr Tydfil and all your enquiries can be dealt with.
Out of hours; between 6.30pm and 8.30am weekdays and 12 noon Saturday until 8.30am Monday plus any bank holidays, the practice is covered by the services of VETS (Veterinary Emergency Treatment Services) for the Merthyr Tydfil, Mountain Ash & Treharris clinics. Ystradgynlais clinic is covered by VetsNow. A dedicated veterinary team will care for your pet is until Ash Veterinary Surgery opens. Details will be available when you telephone the usual contact number.
House Visits; whilst we will do our best to arrange to visit your pet at home, these must be by prior arrangement and may not always be possible. House visits are not appropriate for certain conditions or animals and there may be times when you have to bring your pet to the surgery for treatment.
- All fees, diets and drug charges are subject to VAT at the current rate. Fee levels are determined by the time spent on a case and the drugs, materials, consumables and diets used. Our written fee list is available on request.
- You will receive a detailed fee note for every consultation, surgical procedure or transaction with us.
METHODS OF PAYMENT
- Accounts are due for settlement at the end of the consultation, the discharge of your pet or upon collection of drugs/diets.
- We accept cash and credit/debit cards – Maestro, Solo, Mastercard, Visa, Delta. Payment by cheque is no longer accepted.
ESTIMATES OF TREATMENT COSTS
We will happily provide a written estimate as to the probable costs of treatment. Estimates are approximate – illness are not predictable.
- Payment is expected at the time of consultation.
- If account not settled within 14 days; reminder sent, with an accounting fee for administration (deducted if paid promptly)
- Overdue accounts referred to Debt collection agency and further charges will be levied
- If credit card payments not honoured or cash found to be counterfeit, the balance will be restored and additional charges for bank costs, admin and interest added
INABILITY TO PAY
If you are unable to settle your account please discuss the matter as soon as possible with a member of staff; before treatment is given.
Instalments or part-payments of any account may ONLY with permission of the Veterinary Surgeon
PET HEALTH INSURANCE
We strongly insuring your pet against unexpected illness or accidents. Please ask for details about insurance from any member of staff. You are responsible for settling our account and then you reclaim the fees from your Insurance Company. Direct claims can only be made with prior written permission.
- For long-term medication, requests for repeat supplies require 24hrs notice (telephone or email)
- A discount of 25% will be deducted, from the cost of the medicine, to help with the long-term care of your pet.
- We will advise you on the interval between monitoring examinations to ensure your pet remains healthy and stable on medications. These examinations are required by law to allow us to continue to dispense medication to your pet.
- Please note that a dispensing fee is applicable to all medicines supplied.
- If preferred a private prescription can be supplied for the medicine (24hrs notice is also required). The cost is the same as the dispensing fee.
- We can only dispense medications, including wormers and flea treatments to animals that are registered and under our care.
- Due to UK Veterinary medicine Regulation, once medications are dispensed to, they cannot be refunded and if returned to the surgery have to be disposed of. There may be a charged for disposing of medicines. We cannot refund medications that are returned unused.
COMPLAINTS & STANDARDS
We hope that you never have recourse to complain about the standards of service received from the Ash Veterinary Surgery. However, if you feel that there is something you wish to complain about, please contact Mr M Jessop, Mr N Hatton or Mrs R Thomas (Directors)
OWNERSHIP OF RADIOGRAPHS AND SIMILAR RECORDS
Whilst we charge for carrying out radiographs, ultrasound scans and interpreting their results, ownership of the resulting record remains with the practice. No addition or variation of these conditions will bind the practice unless it is specifically agreed in writing and signed by one of the directors. No agent or person employed by, or under contract with, the practice has the authority to alter or vary these conditions in anyway. Copies with a summary of the history will be passed on request to another veterinary surgeon taking over the case.
Ash Veterinary Surgery is the trading name of The MYMY Partnership Ltd. Company Number 07287124
Registered office: Ash Veterinary Surgery, Aberdare Road, Merthyr Tydfil CF48 1AT
Directors: Nick Hatton, Mike Jessop and Rachel Thomas